Sydney is one of the most populous and largest cities in Australia. It is the capital of New South Wales. Abundant with ports and harbor such as Massive Darling Harbour and Circular Quay port, it is very famous for the Sydney Opera House, Royal Botanic Garden, and Sydney Tower’s unique structure. Indeed, the city’s modernization is occurring rapidly.
Modern house designs are emerging, not contemporary only for their intricate designs but also its sustainability and efficiency. But how to maintain it properly? A lot of companies providing roofing services in sydney do roof cleaning, eave replacements, and gutter repairs to maintain your roofs’ function and sturdiness fully. If you’re curious about which of these modern roof materials are perfectly suited for Sydney’s weather this article is for you:
- Colourbond steel roofing – This is the top variant for Australian homes because they come in a wide range of colours and styles. It’s easy to mix and match to your desired exterior and architectural style. Other than that, this kind of roofing is corrosion-resistant; it will last up to almost 20 years of Sydney-kind of heat before deteriorating. It is also easy to clean and proven fireproof. With cheap manufacturing costs, this is the go-to for those who are on a tight budget.
- The mix of zinc and copper roofing – If a steel roof is good for you, this is twice better but comes with its price. Aside from their expensive manufacturing costs, labour costs are expensive as well. The installation is tedious because it uses techniques such as hand-seaming and building of plywood substrates.
- Terracotta and concrete roof tiles – This is similar to concrete tiles roofing, but instead of using concrete, it is made of natural kiln-fired clay. It produces a deep red-orange colour with a good weight and density, which could work as an insulator. Whether it is warm or cold, it’ll be absorbed and keep your house’s temperature standard.
- Slate roof – This one of the traditional roofings that never went out of style. It’s extreme durability and versatility when it comes to element resistance is commendable. It provides good house insulation, is non-combustible and fire-resistant. The only downside is, it is very expensive, and you need to hire a professional to install them. But if you have the budget for it, why not?
- Asphalt shingles roofing – This kind of material is ideal for short-term houses. They are cheap but not that durable for long-term properties. Its life span ranges from 15 to 20 years approximately. It’s cost-efficient, and the maintenance is easy, just like other materials.
Have you decided what to get?
Choosing the right roof material or design would always go down to what goals you need to achieve. All the predicted and forecasted life span of each material solely depends on your needs, lifestyle, and how you maintain your roofs. With many roofing services Sydney offers, it is easy to obtain free quotations for cleaning and repair. Each kind of roofing material has its advantages and disadvantages, and it’s up to you to decide. When deciding between cost and style, do not sacrifice durability. That is what matters most.