How can you get your patio ready for regular use? What factors should you consider before you start cleaning your patio furniture? How can you clean the different types of furniture and fabrics?
Cleaning patio furniture.
The arrival of spring means you should get ready for an outdoor experience. You should clean your furniture to ensure they are ready for regular use. Every type of furniture is cleaned differently from the other. The covers of luxury patio furniture are constantly exposed to debris, dust, and falling leaves therefore they easily get dirty requiring regular cleaning.
Factors to consider before cleaning.
This determines the appropriate cleaning method. Each material is cleaned differently from the other.
The cleaned furniture will take time to air dry. You should get your cleaning supplies together on a sunny day.
Cleaning the various types of furniture.
It is difficult to clean due to the potential of rust. Start by inspecting for rust and if present, use sandpaper to remove it. It is important to repaint the furniture afterward. The multi-surface cleaner should be used to clean the furniture if rust is absent. You should wipe the furniture using a soft cloth to ensure rust is not formed due to the water residue left behind. Spraying aerospace protectant onto the furniture’s surface protects the wrought iron from the various elements. You should wipe the excess products to prevent streaking. To increase the protectant’s longevity, buff with a dry cloth.
2.Resin, plastic, and all-weather wicker furniture.
Spray the multi-surface cleaner onto the surface you intend to clean and scrub using a wet cloth or sponge ensuring all the stain is removed. To remove excess cleaner and loosened dirt, use a damp cloth to wipe. It should be rinsed using a hose fitted with a spray nozzle and left to air dry. Use a damp cloth to wipe away any water spots. Glass tabletops need to be sprayed for cleaning and then wiped.
Most patio furniture is made from hardwood that requires the same cleaning procedure. Cleaning should be done regularly and you need to treat the wood with a sealant or furniture oil.
- Use a soft nylon-bristled brush to remove light debris from the surface.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge with lukewarm water and soap to clean.
- Use a lint-free and microfiber cloth to remove any excess water.
- Allow the wood to air dry.
4.Cleaning outdoor fabrics, cushions, and umbrellas.
- Gather all the fabrics, cushions, and umbrellas together. Remove the cushion covers and wash them according to the instructions on the tags. A vacuum cleaner with upholstery attached should be used to remove any loose dirt and dust.
- Spray the cushion with multi-surface cleaner and scrub with a damp cloth or bristle brush to remove the stains. Rinse with water and a clean damp cloth. The cushion should be dabbed with a clean and dry cloth to remove the excess water allowing it to air dry.
- Spray the fabrics directly with fabric guard in a crisscross pattern until damp. This ensures the fabric stays clean by resisting water and stains. Allow the treated surfaces to cure for 6 to 12 hours.
Cleaning of patio furniture is essential to improve the aesthetic ambiance of your home and ensures the furniture is always comfortable and durable. You need to consider the furniture material and the weather condition before you start cleaning. A specific method is used to clean each kind of patio furniture. Wrought iron is susceptible to rusting hence the cleaning process is quite difficult. The furniture covers are constantly exposed to dirt and debris and therefore require regular cleaning.