There are some indoor water plants that you can grow them easily in your home. We can grow them in pots, vases, and also in jars. You can use them as a centrepiece of your house. Also, they don’t need your much time and attention.
Benefits of indoor water plants:
- It is very true when we say plants make people happy. This is correct actually. They make us feel good and happy physically’ too. Research has shown indoor water plants;
- They are mood boosters, improve concentration, productivity, and creativity.
- These are the best therapeutic and less expensive than a therapist.
- Also, clean the indoor air of your house. They absorb all toxins and produce oxygen.
- Add peace of mind, reduce stress.
- They add a lively feeling in the atmosphere of your home.
- Indoor water plants also good for your eyes. Green color gives coldness.
- When you feel a little low, then take a walk in the park. It will do wonders. that’s because when we make a relation with nature, we reduce mental stress and fatigue. If you don’t have enough time to go out then at least you can make some green area at your home by indoor water plants.
Here is a list of 10 indoor water plants:
- Lucky bamboo
The lucky bamboo is the best indoor water plant that grows in water and easily available in the market. This is famous for its forgiving nature. Narrow vases are enough for it, make sure the roots are properly immersed in water.
- Spider plant
You can grow them in a glass jar permanently or change the cuttings into a new pot, once they grow. Keep changing the water every 2-3 days. This plant also comes in the best category of an indoor water plant.
You can find many varieties of the dracaena indoor water plant. They don’t need a very big jar, you can grow them in narrow jars, glass jars. These are enough good for them. Always remember to use chlorine-free water. Also, keep the jar water clean. It should not become mushy and unclear.
- Arrowhead plant
The arrowhead head plant is pretty straightforward to grow indoors in water jars. No need to add water in a jar daily, just add fresh water twice in a week. It will become a nice indoor water plant in your house. You can transplant in soil pot also if you like.
Croton may not grow permanently in water but you can use this method to root its cutting. This also came in a list of houseplants for kid’s room. Make it count in your list of an indoor water plant. So, you can also keep it in your kids’ room and teach them, how to take care of indoor water plants?
- Paperwhite Lilly
We can grow paperwhite bulbs in water and then they easily bloom flowers. For this, you need a terrarium glass and fill one quarter with seashells or colored stones. Then arrange the bulbs of the plant closely and cover half of them with shells or gravels to fix them on their place. Now, fill the terrarium with water, up to the base of the bulbs. Keep them at a sunny spot of your house and then they will start blooming after 4-5 weeks. It’s easy to take care of Lily.
- Money plant
This indoor water plant is very famous, everybody knows about this plant. Even you can easily spot them in every second balcony of housing societies. For this plant, keep a 6-7 inches long cutting in a clear glass bottle or jar or a bowl. Keep it in a bright indirect light location. And yes, don’t forget to change the water once in 3-4 days
Coleus is an indoor plant that has colorful leaves. This is the colorful addition in your indoor water plant variety. As it likes indirect light so, you can keep it on your center table. You can grow it in a decorative glass jar.
- English ivy
English ivy can grow by its cutting in jar or vases for a long time. It can be your next indoor water plant. Place it on your bright windowsill in a glass water jar.
As this is an indoor water plant so, it can grow in water for a long time. Remove all the lower leaves and dip their cut ends in water. When they produce long roots, transfer them in pots. Actually, stems start rooting when it came in contact with the soil. Its common name is touch me not.
Indoor plants always help you to enhance your home beauty and a very effective way of improving the indoor air quality and boost our mood.