Summary: Since conventional fireplaces necessitate extensive maintenance and cause CO2 emissions, you need eco-friendly alternatives to avoid excessive ventilation. It’s more cost-effective and easier to install them and then cover them with heavy-duty tarps.
Environmental awareness is a must while selecting and buying décor materials. Wood burning stove is a viable option. To ensure energy-efficiency while burning wood, it’s crucial to dry it fully.
- Using a stove with a sealed glass is an eco-friendly fireplace to burn solid fuel is very important.
- Using a log burner or stove properly is a viable method for heating a property.
- Electric fire may lack the traditional flame effect and may be insufficient in heating a room in the traditional fireplace way. Electric fire doesn’t produce fumes.
- They can also use renewable energy to operate. The flipside is that they tend to eat up more electricity and energy, and become costlier than gas.
- LP gas and Gas logs are fossil fuels. They have lower emissions. Same goes for gas fire. Most people are familiar with this option.
- If you install a gas fireplace at your property, it can be an alternative to solid fuel or burning wood. Gas fires can entail 90% efficiency while a flueless gas fire is totally energy-efficient.
Open fire and bio-ethanol are two other viable options.
Understanding bioethanol fires
As an eco-friendly fuel, bioethanol is a clean fuel. You produce it by fermenting vegetable matter in place of fossil fuels. There are renewable and sustainable fuel sources that you can bank on.
- The installation and usage are easy. However, when not in use, wrap it with premium heavy duty tarps. These tarps are ideal for cleanup and protecting your cars, equipment, and furniture.
- You require little to no self-assembling for eco-friendly fireplaces. They are also ideal for rentals, especially when you impose covenants.
- If you live in a house that has no chimneys, you can go for bioethanol. It’s easy to install the wall-mounted models.
- There are multiple built-in options in this regard. You just need to pour the bioethanol liquid into the stove or burner and light the fuel.
- Unlike conventional natural fires, these fireplaces produce no smoke or soot. Resultantly, you don’t need to clean up ashes. With no flue or chimney to maintain, you can save a lot of money.
Some useful information
There are several types of wood that you can choose according to your home and its décor. Focus on the burn’s heat and speed, and the resultant aroma.
- The key to selecting wood isn’t the tree is coming from but its inherent quality. Don’t buy logs that entail chemical treatment because it will produce toxic waste when you burn them.
- The wood must be clean and good. Seasoned or dry wood is mandatory for creating the tidiest fireplace. In addition to treating actual logs, you mustn’t burn fragmented pallets, cardboard or particleboard.
Avoid burning moist wood in the fireplace. If you use seasoned wood, it will not produce any nitrogen oxide. The burns are also very clean.